DAHLIA
DAHLIA
DR. GABOR MATÉ: PART 2
0:00
-35:13

DR. GABOR MATÉ: PART 2

AN IN-PERSON CONVERSATION ON THE MYTH OF NORMAL: TRAUMA, ILLNESS, & HEALING IN A TOXIC CULTURE

Last week, Dr. Gabor Maté sat down with us for PART 1 of a real conversation about his instant best-seller, The Myth of Normal: Trauma, Illness, & Healing in a Toxic Culture. We talked about why you feel all alone but how you’re not the only one, the Genocide of Authenticity, how 90% of people are addicts and the other 10% won’t admit it, and so much more. But we have so much more to get to this episode … Also, there’s a reason why more than 10 million people - and growing - have watched this.

PART 1 WITH DR. GABOR MATÉ

Things to listen for in Part 2 with Gabor:

How your coping mechanisms that helped you through trauma hurt you now.

Why siblings can each turn out so differently.

Truth. It’s not what you think it is.

Your THREE brains.

Narcissism, Donald Trump, and the growing narcissist-effect in society.

If you believe there’s no hope, Gabor puts things into perspective to help you through. (The best advice I’ve heard yet on how to keep going.)

Gabor shares his biggest failure.

Dr. Gabor Maté and Dahlia Kurtz talking behind-the-scenes after recording the podcast.
Dr. Gabor Maté and I chatting - after the cameras stopped recording. (Well, someone was actually still recording at this point but you won’t hear it on the podcast.)

Yes, I asked Dr. Gabor Maté about his biggest failure because we talk far too much about our successes. Think about it: Failures are like earthquakes. And mountains do not rise without earthquakes. As it turns out, Gabor’s answer was so compelling - that it created a future episode for this podcast, with his son: Daniel Maté.

Also, there’s a reason why 10 million people - and growing - have watched this:

Also, in the coming days, we will continue to release videos with Gabor - and behind-the-scenes footage. Now, make sure to subscribe to my newly launched YouTube channel so you will be notified. You don’t want to miss out

And if you missed PART 1 of this conversation, I highly suggest you listen to that before you leave your review on Apple or Spotify - or wherever you listen. I could give you some super cute plea to do so, or just simply explain that this makes it easier for people to find this podcast.

NEXT EPISODE: DO YOU FEAR THE BIG C?

LATEST EPISODE: DISORDERED EATING

DAHLIA is powered by you. To support these podcasts, posts, and videos, please subscribe. Or you can just keep offering that support to big media corporations. Either or!

Dahlia delivers compelling messages and incites positive intrapersonal shifts – in leadership, inspiration, and activism. Her mission is to help you shine brightly and use your light to help others shine as well.

BOOK DAHLIA TO SPEAK AT YOUR NEXT EVENT

0 Comments
DAHLIA
DAHLIA
DAHLIA is like Mister Rogers' Neighborhood - but for adults. This fun and meaningful podcast looks for the helpers and ways to help you through your day. It may be conversations with everyday people doing extraordinary things, Oscar winners who have overcome the odds, or the man who jumped off The Golden Gate Bridge to take his life, yet miraculously lived to save so many lives. It may be giving a voice to those in need. But it’s always bringing people together. You won't get inundated with information here. You already get too much of that. You need wonder and reflection. So expect lots of that. Dahlia has been a talk show host for a decade with a mission to spread kindness. And her Network of Angels always leaves a trail. So come on over and let's make good things happen ... Why live and let live when you can live and HELP live?