Can you imagine healing from childhood trauma and all of your traumas - openly - and in front of the world? Today, #1 bestselling author and advocate Amanda Jetté Knox and I sit down down for a very raw conversation - with a story unlike anything you’ve heard before: From homelessness to international success, to their ever-changing family, to wanting to take their own life, while helping to inspire others and fighting for their lives … Amanda shares it all.
Their bestseller Love Lives Here: A story of Thriving in a Transgender Family is a memoir. But it’s also more than that …
You see, Amanda’s life changed when their middle child came out as transgender. Then, their spouse came out as trans. You’ll hear those stories - inspirational stories of acceptance and what’s possible when you lead with love.
And while they are getting set to release their next book, Amanda is working through their childhood trauma and her traumas in front of the world.
But before you meet Amanda, not all stories of healing are shared in front of the world, nor are all successes. So there’s an important - but unknown story - that you need to know about and will also learn about in this episode.
IN EPISODE 23 YOU WILL LEARN:
• Grit. Starting over - and over again - in front of a worldwide audience.
• How Amanda has dealt with depression, anxiety, imposter syndrome, and suicidal ideation, in a very public way.
• What happens when your child tells you they’re trans? What happens when your spouse tells you they’re trans? How do you move forward?
• Why Amanda needs security at public events now.
• You will also learn a story of someone else, who overcame childhood trauma and achieved great successes - a story that if not for this podcast would never make the public eye - but should.
• You are not alone. (But you learn that every episode.)
P.S. You’ve asked for an expert on narcissism and you shall receive! A world-leading expert on narcissism, Dr. W. Keith Campbell, is set to join on an upcoming episode. And if you missed my two-part conversation with Dr. Gabor Maté - the world’s leading expert in trauma and addictions - that is definitely required listening. But only if you want to live a better life. Tens of millions of people have now watched the video snippets from that chat. You can find those on TikTok and Instagram - with more to come!
Also, please leave a review on Apple or Spotify - or wherever you listen to this. Really, it just makes it easier for other people to find this podcast - which is growing into a supportive community so much faster than I imagined.
DAHLIA is powered by you. There’s no media machine funding this. To support these podcasts, posts, and videos, please choose a paid subscription. Or you can just keep offering that support to big media corporations. Either or!
Dahlia delivers compelling messages and incites positive intrapersonal shifts – in leadership, inspiration, and activism. Her mission is to help you shine brightly and use your light to help others shine as well.