Nov 23 • 47M

DO YOU OVERTHINK AND PROCRASTINATE? HERE'S THE SOLUTION FOR PROCRASTINATION

Learn the 6 things you need to know to overcome procrastination - from science-backed research - and from my confessions.

4
 
0:00
-46:51
Open in playerListen on);

Appears in this episode

Dahlia Kurtz
DAHLIA is like Mister Rogers' Neighborhood - but for adults. This fun and meaningful podcast looks for the helpers and ways to help you through your day. It may be conversations with everyday people doing extraordinary things, Oscar winners who have overcome the odds, or the man who jumped off The Golden Gate Bridge to take his life, yet miraculously lived to save so many lives. It may be giving a voice to those in need. But it’s always bringing people together. You won't get inundated with information here. You already get too much of that. You need wonder and reflection. So expect lots of that. Dahlia has been a talk show host for a decade with a mission to spread kindness. And her Network of Angels always leaves a trail. So come on over and let's make good things happen ... Why live and let live when you can live and HELP live?
Episode details
Comments

Imagine it’s your last day on Earth, and you get to meet the person you would have become - had you not procrastinated …

Have you ever felt as if you’re stuck in a cycle of overthinking and procrastination, and no matter what you do you just can’t break free? Watch all of that change today.

There’s actually a science as to why you procrastinate, which also means there’s a science to help you stop that procrastination.

PART 1 WITH DR. GABOR MATÉ

By the time you and I finish our conversation, you’ll be equipped with the 6 things you need to know to help you stop - or go, as it were. And as someone who has been stuck in that stall (stories to come this episode) - I can tell you, it’s remarkable how these small fixes (one of them incredibly small) can change your life in big ways.

PART 2 WITH DR. GABOR MATÉ

IN EPISODE 24 YOU WILL LEARN:

• The root cause of procrastination.
• How telling yourself to “just do it” just won’t work.
• The negative effects of procrastination on your health.
• The 4 science-backed ways to overcome procrastinating.
• A true story that will shift your entire perspective on overthinking.
• You are not alone.

It’s funny, everyone seems to think procrastination is about time mismanagement. It’s not; it’s about a mismanagement of your emotions. And it’s not just you.

Research from Harvard Business Law shows at least 95% of people procrastinate. The other *5% are simply procrastinating on the confession.

(*That 5% stat is from The Dahlia National Research Institute Of Dahlia Research.)

ONE OF MY MOST LISTENED TO EPISODES 🎧

P.S. You’ve asked for an expert on narcissism and you shall receive! A world-leading expert on narcissism, Dr. W. Keith Campbell, is set to join on an upcoming episode. Plus, leading up to Christmas, you’ll also meet a surprise guest - the world’s greatest purveyor of joy.

P.P.S. And if you missed my two-part conversation with Dr. Gabor Maté and want to live a better life, have a listen! Tens of millions of people have now watched the video snippets from that chat. You can find those on Instagram and TikTok.

Please leave a review on Apple or Spotify - or wherever you listen to this. Really, it just makes it easier for other people to find this podcast - which keeps growing into a supportive community so much faster than I imagined.

And if you want to explore our community with your eyeballs and not just your earballs, you are also cordially invited to join us on Instagram, TikTok, or YouTube.

DAHLIA is powered by you. There’s no media machine funding this. To support these podcasts, posts, and videos, please choose a paid subscription. Or you can just keep offering that support to big media corporations. Either or!

Dahlia delivers compelling messages and incites positive intrapersonal shifts – in leadership, inspiration, and activism. Her mission is to help you shine brightly and use your light to help others shine as well.

BOOK DAHLIA TO SPEAK AT YOUR NEXT EVENT